Here’s my look at my writing and podcasting in April (barely before May finishes).
It was a relatively slow movie month for me. Following my trip to Paris I lost some steam on watching, writing, and podcast editing.
Last month: March 2023 Recap
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) – Nearly Good
- La La Land (2016) – Masterpiece: Tour De Good
- Sing (2016) – Not Very Good
- Sing 2 (2021) – Good
- We Have a Ghost (2023) – Not Very Good
- Licorice Pizza (2021) – Very Good
- Mulan (1998) – Exceptionally Good
- Flora & Ulysses (2021) – Not Very Good
- Tetris (2023) – Good
- 65 (2023) – Not Very Good
- The Goods published 10 reviews in April. The average “Is It Good?” score for these films and capsules was a 4.7, or a low “Good”
- I did not make any progress on my 2023 goal to polish some of the older reviews in the archive
- New releases reviewed included Tetris and The Super Mario Bros. Movie
- Best new release reviewed: Tetris (Good) (rough month)
- Worst new release reviewed: We Have a Ghost (Not Very Good)
- Best classic first-time watch reviewed: Licorice Pizza (2021) (Very Good)
- Best rewatch reviewed: La La Land (2016) (Masterpiece: Tour De Good)
- Ongoing Review Projects include my catch-up of 2022 movies, plus peeks into the work of Damien Chazelle.
- None! I should probably do more of this. Maybe in June?
- Hamburger Game (2013) / Vine (2013-16) – The season for tomfoolery
- Lincoln (2012) – I got you Abe
- Singin’ in the Rain (1952) / Babylon (2022) – You ain’t heard nothin’ yet
Site News and Updates:
- According to my Letterboxd account, I watched 15 feature films in April
- Today’s banner comes from the most-read new release review this month… The Super Mario Bros. Movie
- This month we had 236 readers. Thanks, all!
- I’m writing this near the end of May, which saw an uptick in my movie reviewing.