The weather got cold in November, but I kept the mood cheery by revisiting some favorites. Here’s a look at my movie watching and reviewing in November.
(I’m a couple days late on a recap this month — blame Thanksgiving break putting me behind on everything!)
Last month: October 2022 Recap
- The Goods published 30 reviews in November. The average “Is It Good?” score was a 5.3, or a high-end “Good”
- New releases reviewed included Disenchanted, TÁR, and Pearl. I also caught up with some other 2022 releases, all reviewed here: 2022: Year in Film.
- Best new release reviewed: TÁR
- Worst new release reviewed: Amsterdam (Falling for Christmas might be worse, but Amsterdam is far more disappointing; and Don’t Worry Darling not too far behind it)
- Best classic first-time watch reviewed: Game Night (2018)
- Best rewatch reviewed: Mulholland Dr. (2001) (with shout-outs to Moonrise Kingdom and Amadeus)
- Ongoing Review Projects include my Tom Hanks retrospective and a catch-up of 2022 movies I’ve missed. Also working in some Méliès reviews/reflections that I might string together into a Review Project.
- The Goods: A Film Podcast continued weekly episodes, shifting from Spooktober to Christmas season
- Our big project this month: We released a countdown of our 100 favorite films: Here’s Part 1 (#100-26) and Part 2 (#25-1)!
Site News and Updates:
- According to my Letterboxd account, I watched 31 feature films and 9 short films in November
- Today’s banner comes from the most-read new release review this month… Don’t Worry Darling
- This month we had 148 unique readers. Thanks, all!
- I’m plan to keep catching up on 2022 films as prestige films hit my area and streaming. I’ll also keep working on my Hanks retrospective! Definitely will hit some holiday films, too.
- I plan to keep refining the Review Index.
- I’m going to set some goals for 2023 as well!