I’m going to try and post a recap of my movie-watching and the site’s activity once a month. No guarantee I do it every month, but I figured we’d give it a try!
- The Goods published 23 reviews in July. The average “Is It Good?” score was a 5.3, or a high-end “Good”
- New releases reviewed included Elvis and Where the Crawdad Sings. I also caught up with 2022 releases Scream and The Bad Guys.
- Ongoing Review Projects include my 2009 Top 100 revisit, a Tom Hanks retrospective, and a Baz Luhrmann retrospective.
- The Goods: A Film Podcast continued its weekly episodes, including a fun bear-themed “Violent Ends” comparison between Grizzly Man and Disneynature’s Bears
Site News and Updates:
- The site launched on July 9!
- According to my Letterboxd account, I watched 28 films in July
- Today’s banner comes from the most read new review this month… Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis!
- It takes time to build a community, but I was excited to get 44 unique readers in July. Thanks for stopping by, everyone!
- I will be traveling for a week, and my kid will be starting kindergarten, so I will have my personal plate full. But the plan is to try and keep posting a new review every day, including new releases once a week.
- I’m scheduled to wrap up my 2009 Top 100 rewatch and the Baz Luhrmann retrospective. News to come on next review projects!
- If I get any spare time on top of that writing and podcast editing, I hope to spend some time spiffing up the review series/projects format and the Review Index