Fall is officially in full swing. Here’s a look at my movie watching and reviewing in September, when I caught up on a bunch of 2022 films.
Last month: August 2022 Recap
- The Goods published 30 reviews and 1 capsule in September. The average “Is It Good?” score was a 4.9, or a low-end “Good”
- New releases reviewed included Pinocchio, Do Revenge, Fall, and Look Both Ways. I also caught up with several 2022 releases, all reviewed here: 2022: Year in Film.
- Best new release reviewed: Decision to Leave
- Worst new release reviewed: Pinocchio
- Best classic first-time watch reviewed: The Lighthouse (or Fantastic Planet if 2019 is too recent for “classic”)
- Best rewatch reviewed: The Social Network
- Ongoing Review Projects include my Tom Hanks retrospective and a catch-up of 2022 movies I’ve missed.
- The Goods: A Film Podcast continued its weekly episodes, focusing September episodes on pre-1990, non-Disney animated films (“Animonth”!)
Site News and Updates:
- According to my Letterboxd account, I watched 32 feature films and 5 shorts (all Peanuts) in September
- Today’s banner comes from the most-read new review this month… Pinocchio
- This month we had 83 unique readers. Thanks, all!